GUIDELINES for Reopening the Maria Reiner Center
effective October 5, 2020
The safety of our members and staff is our number one priority!
It has been determined that people over 65, especially those with underlying health conditions, are the most at-risk, and so the management and Board of Directors have put in place new procedures until further notice. We will evaluate and make changes moving forward. Thank you for your patience at this time, and we hope these changes will be only temporary. Please contact Executive Director Aimee Schallenkamp (219-947-1864) with questions or concerns.
We will practice the following guidelines beginning
October 5, 2020:
- The MRC will be open 8am-noon Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays only.
- Extra cleaning and sanitizing supplies will be available. Bathrooms and common surfaces will be sanitized hourly.
- Less capacity will be allowed in the Center
- Face masks/coverings are required
- Temperature checks will be performed when you arrive at the front entrance
- No-contact check in
- Must practice physical social distancing (please stay 6 feet apart from others)
- No food or drinks will be offered. You may bring in your own coffee, water, or small snacks.
- Walking in the front gym is allowed
- Fitness room will be open at half capacity (5 people). Please disinfect the machines you used after each use.
- NO table games will be permitted, including card playing, dominos, mahjong, puzzles, etc.
- NO computer classes
- Pool playing is allowed, but please bring your own pool stick
Please stay home if you are sick! Wash your hands often.
You can also click the Facebook link (f) for further information.